Hot Honey Honey Honey Chicken Sandwiches Baked in the Oven
4 small chicken breasts, crushed to 1/2 inch thick
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and divided
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery bread, lightly toasted
shredded iceberg lettuce
1. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides and place them in a shallow dish.
2. Pour buttermilk over chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, turmeric, smoked paprika, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Preheat the oven at 425˚F.
5. Remove the chicken breasts from the buttermilk, one at a time, and dredge them in the flour mixture until they are well coated, shaking off any excess.
6. Transfer the coated chicken to a well on a greased rack on a baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Place 1 tbsp. melted butter on each piece of chicken and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the coating is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
8. While the chicken is baking, combine the remaining butter, honey, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
9. Once the chicken is cooked in the oven, remove it from the oven and brush each piece with spicy, honeyed butter until it is well coated.
10. To assemble: Spread the ranch on the bottom of each roll and garnish with a piece of hot honey chicken. Top the chicken with a handful of grated lettuce and a little more ranch. Place rolls on each sandwich and serve.